In exercise of the powers conferred by sub–section (1) and (2) of section 27 of the Right to Information Act, 2005 (Central Act No 22 of 2005), the Government of Karnataka hereby makes the following rules, namely:-
1.Title and commencement.-
(1) These rules may be called the Karnataka Right to Information Rules, 2005.
(2) They shall come into force with effect from the date of their publication in the official Gazette.
In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires,-
(i) "Act" means the Right to Information Act, 2005 (Central Act 22 of 2005);
(ii) "Section" means section of the Act.
3.Publication of certain other informations etc; under section 4.-
(1) The information under section 4(4) shall be easily accessible to the public. It shall be indicated on the notice board by the Public Information Officer where these particulars are available . Further the public authorities can adopt any of the methods provided under the Act for disseminating the information.
(2)The information so disseminated shall also contain the details of phone number, fax number etc. of the State Public Information Officers and the Assistant State Public Information Officers of the office in question .
(1) Any person desirous of obtaining information under sub-section (1) of section 6 of the Act shall make an application in Form-A or in any other format as far as possible containing the particulars specified under the format to the State Public Information Officer or State Assistant Public Information Officer as the case may be along with an initial fee of Rs. 10 with his application. Every officer receiving request under the Act shall give an acknowledgement.
(2)(a) For providing information under subsection (1) of section 7, the fees for supplying the information shall be charged at Rs.2/- for each page in respect of matters in A4 size paper.
(b) For providing information under subsection (1) of section 7, in the case of Maps, Plans, Reports, a Partial record or any Technical data or Sample or Models, a reasonable fee shall be fixed by the State Public Information Officer in each case depending upon the cost of labour and material required to be employed.
(c) As regards inspection of records and documents, no fee for the first hour. For every subsequent half an hour or fraction thereof, Rs.20/- shall be charged from persons making application with initial payment as prescribed under rule 4(1) above. For inspection of works a reasonable fee shall be fixed by the State Public Information Officer in each case depending upon the cost of labour and material required to be employed apart from initial fees as prescribed under rule 4(1).
(3) For providing information under sub-section (5) of section 7, the fees for supplying information in Diskette or Floppy or C.D. or in any other Electronic mode shall be Rs.50/-
(4) The fee shall be collected in the form of Indian postal order or D.D. or Bankers Cheque or Pay order drawn in favour of the State Public Information Officer or in cash or by remitting it to the Treasury as per Karnataka Financial Code (KFC).
(5)A person claiming exemption under proviso to sub-section (5) of section 7 shall produce a valid certificate issued by the concerned authority that he/she belongs to the Below Poverty Line category
5. Salary and allowances and conditions of service of officers and employees of the State Information Commission.-
(1) The salary and allowances payable to the Officers and employees of State Information Commission shall be on par with other State Government employees of equivalent rank.
(2) The rules governing conditions of service and disciplinary matter of the State Government employees shall mutatis-mutandis apply to the employees of State Information Commission subject to modifications specified in schedule to these rules.
(3) The method of recruitment shall be in accordance with the provisions under K.C.S. (General Recruitment) Rules, 1977 by Deputation of Government Servants of equivalent rank from any of the States Civil Services or Public sector undertakings or by outsourcing:
Provided that the outsourcing shall be restricted to posts of Cleaning, Housekeeping, Home Orderlies and Security Guards.
6. Appeal under sub-section (1) of section19.-
(1) The Public Authority shall by notification specify the designation of the officer to whom the appeals under sub-section (1) of section 19, shall lie.
(2) Every such appeal shall be accompanied by a copy of the order, if any, appealed against, and it shall specify:-
(i) the name and address of the applicant and the particulars regarding the State Public Information Officer appealed against .
(ii) the date of receipt of order, if any, from the State Public Information Officer appealed against:
(iii) the grounds of appeal: and
(iv) the relief which the applicant claims.
(3)The Appellate Authority under sub section (1) of section 19 shall fix a day for hearing of the appeal. On the date fixed for hearing the appeal or on further date to which, the appeal may be adjourned, the Appellate Authority shall after hearing the parties pass such orders on the appeal as it deems fit.
7.Procedure in Appeals under sub -section (3) of section 19.- The provisions of rule 6 shall mutatis -mutandis apply to an appeal preferred under-section 19(3).